This privacy statement was last changed on March 23, 2022 and applies to citizens and legal permanent residents of Canada.
In this privacy statement, we explain what we do with the data we obtain about you via URL. We recommend you carefully read this statement. In our processing we comply with the requirements of privacy legislation. That means, among other things, that:
- We clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- We aim to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for legitimate purposes;
- We first request your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases requiring your consent;
- We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require this from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- We respect your right to access your personal data or have it corrected or deleted, at your request.
If you have any questions, or want to know exactly what data we keep of you, please contact us.
1. Purpose and categories of data
We may collect or receive personal information for a number of purposes connected with our business operations which may include the following: (click to expand)
1.1 Contact – Through phone, mail, email and/or webforms, newsletter sign up
The following categories of data are collected
A first and last name
An email address
1.2 Placement Application – Through webform
Should you apply for a TAP-EDM position, the information you submit using the website will be collected to determine your suitability for the position applied for and will be kept on file. The information may be accessed to determine your suitability for another position with the project or with Alinea International.
2. Disclosure practices
We disclose personal information if we are required by law or by a court order, in response to a law enforcement agency, to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information, or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
3. How we respond to Do Not Track signals & Global Privacy Control
Our website does not respond to and does not support the Do Not Track (DNT) header request field.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
6. Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third party websites connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
7. Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly in order to be aware of any changes. In addition, we will actively inform you wherever possible.
8. Accessing and modifying your data
If you have any questions or want to know which personal data we have about you, please contact us. Please make sure to always clearly state who you are, so that we can be certain that we do not modify or delete any data of the wrong person. We shall provide the requested information only upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request. You can contact us by using the information below.
8.1 You have the following rights with respect to your personal data
- You may submit a request for access to the data we process about you.
- You may request an overview, in a commonly used format, of the data we process about you.
- You may request correction or deletion of the data if it is incorrect or not or no longer relevant. Where appropriate, the amended information shall be transmitted to third parties having access to the information in question.
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. You will be informed of the implications of such withdrawal.
- You have the right to address a challenge concerning non-compliance with PIPEDA to our organization and, if the issue is not resolved, to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- We shall give access to personal information in an alternative format to an individual with a sensory disability who has a right of access to personal information under PIPEDA and who requests that it be transmitted in the alternative format if (a) a version of the information already exists in that format; or (b) its conversion into that format is reasonable and necessary in order for the individual to be able to exercise rights.
Our website is not designed to attract children and it is not our intent to collect personal data from children under the age of consent in their country of residence. We therefore request that children under the age of consent do not submit any personal data to us.
10. Contact details
Alinea International. Ltd
107 Promenade du Portage
Gatineau, Quebec Canada J8X 2K2
Email: [email protected]
Phone number: 819-777-2494
We have appointed a contact person for the organization’s policies and practices and to whom complaints or inquiries can be forwarded:
Suite 200, 14707 Bannister Road SE,
Calgary, Alberta Canada T2X 1Z2